Thursday, September 11, 2008

Be strong, Believe.


Knock knock.

"who's there?"

September 11th.

"September 11th who?"

You said you'd never forget.

I don't want to forget. Multiple times today I would have a moment of realization- Oh. Hey. It's 9/11. Damn. This is not a good day. Or rather, not to be remembered as such. One of the most atrocious things that has happened to our nation happened on this day- it happened in my lifetime. I remember where I was, what I was doing, what I was feeling. It was one of the most utterly terrifying moments of my life, and unequivocally more devastating for countless others- others that were hurt, or lost loved ones. The event didn't effect me directly, but it had an impact on me- on every American, I would think. It deserves to be remembered- those people especially, who sacrificed themselves to save others, deserve at least a moment of thought, care, and prayer. A silent thanks, for their immense courage.

No comments: